Grilled Peach and Mozzarella Caprese
By: Rachel of ‘Teacher by Day, Chef by Night’
Grilled Peach & Mozzarella Caprese
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 2 large ripe peaches, sliced with skin on, almost 1/2 in. thick
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 4 T good balsamic vinegar
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- pinch coarse kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Mix together all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Can even be made ahead and set aside in fridge.
- Heat grill (or Indoor Grill, like your George Foreman) to high. When grill is very hot, set peach slices on top and cook just until grill marks appear (about 2 minutes per side). Don’t over cook. Set aside to cool off (to room temp?) a bit.
- Layer slices of grilled peaches, slices of mozzarella, and fresh basil leaves (& repeat as desired). Drizzle generously with vinaigrette.