Orange Miso Mozzarella and Apple Walnut Salad
Ingredients for Orange Miso Mozzarella
- 1 small Navel orange
- 1/4 cup White miso
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 8 ounces Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella
Ingredients for Salad
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 red delicious apple
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Make orange miso mozzarella using zest and juice from the orange. In a saucepan put miso, mirin, and sugar and turn heat to medium-high. Cook stirring constantly to dissolve miso and until mixture is smooth. Add orange juice and zest and reduce heat to low and simmer stirring occasionally until thickened (about 5 minutes)
2. Put 1/3 of the orange miso mixture into a large zip lock bag. Put the mozzarella cheese into the bag. Add the remaining miso. Massage the bag gently to coat the cheese. Refrigerate 24 hours.
3. Remove the bag from the refrigerator and remove the mozzarella from the bag. Dice into small pieces. (You can save the miso mixture)
4. Add lemon juice and olive oil to the bag and shake to combine. Then pour mixture into a large bowl.
5. Peel, core, and dice the apple.
6. Add the apples, cheese, walnuts, cranberries, and greens into a bowl. Mix completely and add salt and pepper.
Yields: 6 servings