Creamy Mascarpone Chicken Florentine Cups
By: Veronica Callaghan - Glastonbury, CT
Rich and creamy Crave Brothers Mascarpone cheese is combined with spinach and chicken then cooked in wonton wrapper cups to create perfectly portioned Florentine chicken cups.
The Mascarpone cheese gives the cups a buttery, rich flavor making these lasagna-like treats a family favorite.
Yields: 12 large cups or 24 mini cups
- 8 ounces Crave Brothers Mascarpone cheese
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and all excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- ½ cup skim milk
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken (such as rotisserie), diced
- 2 cups Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese-Farmer's rope, small diced
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 wonton wrappers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
Press 1 wonton wrapper in each of the 12 cups in the muffin pan to form a cup, letting the edges hang over the edge of each cup. Place pan in the oven and bake wrappers for about 5 minutes, or until slightly brown and crispy.
In a medium saucepan, combine the Mascarpone cheese, spinach, shallot, milk, pepper and salt. Stir in the diced chicken, diced Farmer's Rope cheese and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese; combine well. Place on the stove at medium heat. Stirring often, heat until filling is warm all the way through.
Spoon the Mascarpone-chicken mixture into each cup, evenly dividing. Sprinkle each cup with the Parmesan cheese.
Bake the cups in the preheated oven for 5-6 minutes or until the Parmesan is lightly browned and bubbly.
* For appetizer portions, lightly spray a 24 cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray. You will need an additional 12 wonton wrappers (24 total). Follow the remaining instructions. Final baking time will be shortened by about half.
blog comments powered by Disqus
<< Back to Recipes