Mascarpone Pesto Chicken Rolls
By: Sue Haviland
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thickness; sprinkle with garlic salt. Combine cheese and pesto; spread over chicken. roll up each from short side and secure with toothpicks.
- In shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. Place bread crumbs in separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Place seam-side down in greased 11x7-inch baking dish. Drizzle with 4 teaspoons butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 170 degrees. Discard toothpicks.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain fettuccine; toss with remaining butter. Serve with chicken. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Yield: 4 servingsblog comments powered by Disqus
<< Back to Recipes