Mascarpone-Iced Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Cupcakes
Ingredients for Cupcakes
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-8 ounce container Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella
- 6 strips hickory smoked bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
Ingredients for Icing
- 1/3 teaspoon butter, softened
- 6 ounces Crave Brothers Mascarpone, softened
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375 and grease 8 muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl combine eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cut mozzarella into 1/2-inch cubes. Place cheese in muffin cups. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon crumbles. Stir in remaining bacon into egg mixture. Spoon egg mixture over cheese and stir lightly.
3. Bake 18-20 minutes or until cupcakes are set and golden brown. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of each cupcake and remove from pan. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl beat butter and mascarpone using an electric mixer until well combined. Add confectioners sugar and maple syrup and beat until smooth. Pipe or spread frosting over each cupcake. Sprinkle with reserved bacon crumbles. Serve immediately.
Yields: 8 servings