Spicy Italian Chili with Fresh Mozzarella
- 1-8 ounce container of Crave Brothers Marinated Mozzarella
- 1 pound bulk hot italian sausage
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dried italian seasoning
- 8 ounces mini pepperoni or 1/2 pound peperoni sticks sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can sliced black olives
1. Drain cheese reserving 2 tablespoons of marinade. Slice each of the balls in half and set aside.
2. In a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat, saute italian sausage in reserved marinade until no longer pink. Add onions and cook 5 minutes. Add garlic, italian seasoning, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and pepperoni slices and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and broth. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
3. Stir in beans and olives and simmer until heated through.
4. When ready serve in bowls and top each with halved mozzarella balls. Enjoy with warm crusty italian bread.
Yields: 8 servings